We aim to provide an unmatched cocktail experience. in order to facilitate this, there are certain requests we must make:
• Seating is based on a first come, first served basis.
• We ask that all guests be seated.
• Please inform the host how many seats you require. we will arrange seating for that amount of guests.
unfortunately, unexpected add-ons will be required to sit elsewhere, depending on availability.
• Please limit cellphone use- your guests value your company more than your mobile device does. if you use your phone, please do so silently.
• Please do not shout, fight, discuss fighting, or use offensive language audible to those around you.
• Please prove yourself able to carry our libations, keep your heads, and remain ladies and gentlemen.
Drinking is one of the pleasures of life, not one of its evils.
The Oakland is always looking for good people. We look for individuals who work and get along well with fellow staff, regulars, and guests, who are in the habit of continuously hustling, and who enjoy an environment of constant learning. It should be made very clear that working at The Oakland is not easy- the hours are significantly longer than most bar jobs, much is expected of you while you’re here, and staff must prove their worth before they are compensated well. That said, we feel it is a positive work environment that can facilitate true hospitality and cocktail professionals. If you’d like to get your foot in the door, please email info@TheOaklandFerndale.com.