Tues - Thu: 5pm to 12:30am
Fri - Sat: 5pm to 1:30am
Sun: 5pm to 12am
Happy Hour: A selection of $5 handmade cocktails
Tues - Fri 5pm to 6:30pm
Seating at The Oakland is strictly based on a first come, first served basis. To ensure a spacious and comfortable environment with meticulously and consistently crafted cocktails, we request that all guests be seated. If no seating is immediately available, we are happy to take your cellphone number and call you when your spot comes up in line. While we do not accept reservations, call-ahead seating up to one hour before your desired arrival time is strongly encouraged.
We aim to create an ambience conducive to sophisticated drinking with friends. Decor represents both nostalgia for early 20th century speakeasy elegance and contemporary design elements to create a timeless environment. The music we choose adds to the sensual and inviting experience The Oakland creates. Our playlist blends raunchy early 1900s blues, midcentury jazz, Americana, and subdued psychedellic rock.
We aim to provide an unmatched cocktail experience. in order to facilitate this, there are certain requests we must make:
• Seating is based on a first come, first served basis.
• We ask that all guests be seated.
• Please inform the host how many seats you require. we will arrange seating for that amount of guests.
unfortunately, unexpected add-ons will be required to sit elsewhere, depending on availability.
• Please limit cellphone use- your guests value your company more than your mobile device does. if you use your phone, please do so silently.
• Please do not shout, fight, discuss fighting, or use offensive language audible to those around you.
• Please prove yourself able to carry our libations, keep your heads, and remain ladies and gentlemen.
Drinking is one of the pleasures of life, not one of its evils.
The Oakland is always looking for good people. We look for individuals who work and get along well with fellow staff, regulars, and guests, who are in the habit of continuously hustling, and who enjoy an environment of constant learning. It should be made very clear that working at The Oakland is not easy- the hours are significantly longer than most bar jobs, much is expected of you while you're here, and staff must prove their worth before they are compensated well. That said, we feel it is a positive work environment that can facilitate true hospitality and cocktail professionals. If you'd like to get your foot in the door, please email info@TheOaklandFerndale.com.